Mr. Blue Sky is 24 months old.
We had a fun owl themed week. We read some books that featured owls (reviewed here):
- A Book of Sleep written & illustrated by Il Sung Na
- Little Owl Lost written & illustrated by Chris Haughton
- Wow! Said the Owl written & illustrated by Tim Hopgood
- Whoo Goes There? written by Jennifer A Ericsson & illustrated by Bert Kitchen
- Oliverâ€™s Wood written & illustrated by Sue Hendra
We got a set of Do-A-Dot markers (reviewed here) and MBS had a blast drawing with them. At DLTK, I printed outÂ a rhyme, owl coloring sheets, and a neat paper bag craft. MBS decorated all of them with his new markers.
We also made some O’s, using printout from Confessions of a Homeschooler and hand drawn O’s.
I read about making your own lacing cards on Tot School. I cut out one of the owl shapes from a coloring sheet and used that as a pattern to cut and owl out of a piece of foam. This was MBS first time doing any lacing and he was easily frustrated but had a blast making the foam owl play with his stuffed owl.
We had a fun week. To see what others are doing visit 1+1+1=1.